Monday, November 13, 2006

We Won At The Dandenong Show

The Dandenong show was held over the weekend of 11th and 12th November. Micayla and I put in some exhibits.

Micayla had 3 exhibits in the 'Items Not Listed Prep, Grade 1 and 2' section and she got a prize on all 3. She received a commended for the heart painting, highly commended for her trinket box and 2nd prize for her set of coasters. I am very proud of her and she was so excited, she took a photo of her exhibits while they were on show with her new toy digi camera she got for her birthday.



I also received 1st and 3rd prize in the Scrapbooking section for 2 of my lo's and my canvas got 2nd prize. They ended up putting the canvas in an open section for 'other items not listed', because they didn't consider it to be scrapbooking because it didn't fit into an album. I suggested to them that next year they have a sub section for OTP items, which I think they will do. Anyway it was up against 36 exhibits, so to receive 2nd place out of 36; I'm pretty happy with that.





4 comments:

Laura said...

Well Done Andrea and Micayla!!! Micayla I think your picture of the love heart is absolutely beautiful!!!
Andrea - the canvases on that small picture does look like a scrap page lo, it looks unreal. I think you did so well coming second, good on ya. Congratulations on the other lo's also they are all great :)

judee d said...

Congrats to you both. Your work all looks fantastic.
Keep smiling and healthy
Judy
Arty Pants

Chris Millar said...

Congrats to you and Micayla!!! Fantastic achievements!!!

Andrea said...

Thanks Chris, It's nice to hear from you again.

Cheers