Saturday, February 10, 2007

Monty got lost - Again!!!

On Wednesday morning of the 7th, Micayla and Bailey were out the front picking roses and left the front door wide open. The dog got out and didn't come back in with them. Didn't even realise it until an hour later when it was time to put him out and take Micayla to school and Bailey to creche. This made me angry that he'd got out again, so I took Micayla off to school, had a little look around the estate before taking Bailey to creche, which made him late. I was meant to be going to Ringwood but decided to come home, call the council, the pound and have a good look around trying to find him. I gave up and went to Ringwood anyway, there was nothing else I could do and the pound had my mobile number to contact me on if he turned up. I got back home around lunch time and by this stage I was getting really upset. It was lonely at home without him. He is always following me around the house and sitting at my feet. He had never been gone 5 hours before.

Finally at about 4.30pm I received a phone call to say a lady had my dog. It turned out he'd been playing with her dog all day in their backyard 2 streets behind us. Her kids had picked him up and they put him in their backyard while she went off to work. She was running late, so she decided to deal with it when she got home. I was just about to put up big sob story missing dog posters up in the shops. The kids were so excited to see him back home. He was totally oblivious to our stress while he was having a ball on a 'day out' with a new friend. He came home so filthy from rolling around in the dirt with the other dog. He was going to the doggy hairdresser on the Friday but he had to have a bath before I took him there. He was so dirty I was embarrased to take him like that and I thought that the clippers might hurt him if his coat was dirty instead of soft. It's a bit like cleaning your house before the house cleaner arrives though LOL.

This is a photo of him taken at Loch Sport, but as I am typing this he has since been clipped.

Now he looks more like this:

But this photo was taken back in November 06

1 comment:

judee d said...

Glad Monty is back home again. Don't you just hate it when a darling pet dissappears.
Love all yu adventures. You certainly have been very busy.
Keep smiling and healthy
L
Judy