Thursday, June 05, 2008

Another Year Another Birthday

Last Monday (2nd June) was my birthday. On the Saturday night prior we went to Sophia's with friends for dinner. That place is so busy and noisy. The food was great though. I really enjoyed my meal and Adrian's steak melted in your mouth. My parents visited on Sunday for lunch and they gave me a gorgeous gold watch with bling on it.

I had to wait until Adrian came home from work on the Monday night before I could get my presents. We always like to do it together and he left mega early that day for work. Bailey gave me a black handbag with bling on it. I knew I was getting this though. Adrian took the kids shopping a few weeks prior while I was out for the day. When I got home Bailey said as I walked in the door "you're not allowed to see your bag Mum." So that gave away that surprise. Then a couple of days later we were talking about it at the dinner table and Micayla said "at least you don't know what colour it is." Then Bailey pipes up and says "it's black" So cute, he is so innocent. One day he'll learn to keep a secret.

Micayla gave me a set of clear tiny alpha stamps for scrapbooking, but they disguised them in a box with a rock that goes in the fish tank covered in lots of paper. The stamps were tucked down the side. At first I thought 'great, Adrian's bought me a rock for his fish tank'. Bailey didn't know what else I was getting cause he chose not to go shopping with them, but he did help them wrap the presents the night before my birthday and he was telling me I was getting a rock, but I didn't quite get that. Adrian gave me this gorgeous 9 carot gold anklet with hearts dangling from it. Can't wait till summer so it can actually be seen.

Adrian's parents came later that night and gave me a photo album. We had cake, which the kids insisted we have. Adrian nearly wasn't going to get me a cake until the kids started crying and said we have to sing Happy Birthday and blow out candles, so off he trotted down to the shops. I was lucky and I feel very spoilt.

3 comments:

judee d said...

Congratulations on attaining the grand age of 21......that's right isn't it. Do they still ask you for id when you enter the clubs?
Hope you had an ace day and that all your dreams come true.
Keep smiling and healthy
love
Judy

Andrea said...

Ha Ha! I love you Judy, psml. Actually yes they do ask me for id at the clubs, but unfortunately it's only because it's law now that they record everyones id that goes through their doors. LOL

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you got spoilt a little on your Birthday Andrea..xxx I did come across to leave you some love xxx but Blogger would not allow comments it was down because of a explosion in the USA... I still sneak in to read your blog from time to time xx so stay happy scrapping xx