Monday, June 30, 2008

What have I been up to?

It's been a very busy time for me. It's Masters time. Scrapbooking Memories have their annual Masters call. I have 5 projects to do by the 18th July, so I've been busy, up to my neck in scrapbooking products. Haven't seen a great deal of the outside world because of this. Out of 1000's and 1000's of entries, they will select a shortlist of just 100 and then pick 10 from that. So fingers crossed. I'd just be happy to make the shortlist. I can't share any of the work I've been doing for the Masters. You'll have to wait.

I have however been distracted by bloody Facebook. Man that becomes addictive. On Facebook I have a fairy with superpowers at level 5, which means I have created my own fairy garden. Earning lots of gold and therefore diamonds. I also have a net worth of $249,000,000 and in that I own a seaplane sailboat, a tiger and a white tiger, a panda, Oldway Mansion and a 10 carot diamond.

I've discovered that I am the Greek God Poseidon, which means I am a very gentle peace loving person but pushed too far I can be as vicious as a hurricane. PSML so watch out!!

I've also discovered that the Grease character I am is "Rizzo", which says that I'm always up to something and I should tone things down a bit. Ha Ha Ha!!!

The disney princess I am is Belle, which means I am the people princess, able to identify with all those around you. You are brave, independent and harbor no ill will towards any human beings or inanimate objects. Your level of compassion for others allows you to see beyond their physical exterior to the inner beauty within. Your true love, albeit hunky, will only reveal himself in due time. ROFLMAO

I also get my daily dose of horoscope and tarot reading. Not to mention sending and receiving ridiculous little but fun time wasters to all my friends on facebook. Some I've discovered from my high school days. See what I mean, a timewaster.

What else. Oh yeah! I've coloured my hair - purple. Needed a winter pick me up.

Micayla's teacher and friend Melinda through the Artypants team had her baby. A boy Andrew Bradley born 9 pound on Saturday 21st. We went to meet him this morning and took some photos of the kids holding him. He cried on Bailey.



My camera has gone to heaven. We have decided rather than spend lots of money getting it fixed (would most likely spend at least a third of what the camera is worth to fix it) we would buy a new one. I've been wanting to upgrade because my Panasonic is just not able to do what I want from it anymore. I have my eye on a Canon EOS 40D digital SLR. I can't wait to get my hands on it. So now is the time to do it. Have borrowed my Mother In Law's camera to tide me over for now. It's the same as mine but a newer model so I know how to use it. I feel like I've lost my right arm.

I've decided not to submit the layout I did at the retreat of Bec's scrapped face to the Masters so I am going to share it below. It's called "Becky scrapped" you just can't see the word scrapped, it's on the arrow.



This is a layout I've done for the monthly challenge I've set on the Artypants forum. Each month I will set a new challenge and this month is a sketch challenge. This is the sample I produced for it. So click here to go on over to the Artypants forum and check it out. Prizes available too.

No comments: