Monday, September 29, 2008

Grand Final Day 2008 - Go Hawks!!!!

The day started off early when Adrian woke me up at a sparrows fart when he went off with Scott and Darren to the Grand Final Breakfast at Noble Park RSL. I couldn't sleep anymore cause I was thinking about everything I needed to do and couldn't get back to sleep. I had a sudden thought at that ridiculous hour that I wanted new shoes, that's what got me up, because they became my new priority. LOL

Tania was going to come over early and start drinking with me but she got suckered into picking the guys up from the breakfast. I was quite prepared to let them find their own way home.

We set up the projector in the garage and had the game showing on that. We also had some lamb cooking in the webber for a late lunch. Scott organised the betting for us. I won the first goal kicked but it was actually the 5th goal kicked by Gary Ablett. The first 4 goal kickers names were still sitting in the box that nobody had picked. It was an awesome game to watch, I'm sure you'll agree. There was lots of shouting and screaming and drinking going on in that garage. Did I mention drinking!!!! Laura won the winning team and margin. Congrats Laura and thanks Scott and Adrian for running the betting.

Things got pretty messy towards the end of the night and I have posted up the photos that are not X rated LOL. I'm slowly remembering things, especially when people are reminding me. Someone please remind me that I'm not a kid anymore and alcohol and kids scooters do not mix. I am now nursing a cut and slightly black eye from crashing the scooter and hitting my eye on the table before falling into the shed wall. I can still hear everyone laughing.

Anyway, I'll now share some of the photos:

First the kids playing.

The girls were very proud to show us their acrobatics.



Bottom row, left to right is Sarah Peters, Paige Haines and Micayla, top row, on the left is little Cassie Armitage (Jodie's (Artypants) daugther) and Kealy Fox.

The following photos are to indicate how quick Baileys moods can changes as soon as he sees the camera.

(1) Obviously Buckaroo is not working the way he wants it to.



(2) He's spotted the camera



(3) Buckaroo must've worked that time.



Gee your strong Micayla. Note the big screen on the wall in the garage, where we watched the game from.



The boys in the shed. Left - Marty Peters leaning on the boat, Scott Graham sitting on Micayla's bike, Darren Fox at the end of the table and Dave side on view.



Darren being a pig!!!



Put it away Darren. Couldn't put the other photos of Darren up. Don't want my blog being reported.



Laura Overdyk and little Kaytie.



David Overdyk. This is a great shot of you Dave. Oh and thanks for the Vodka and Red Bull. I'm sure I didn't need it.



Julie Peters, another great shot.



mmm, wouldn't say this was such a great shot. I hate dancing shots.

Erwin van der Geer. mmmm Great Shot ??????


The girls around the table that we couldn't be bothered cleaning. Left with her back to us is Julie Peters, then Tania Graham, Mel Fox and Laura Overdyk.


Marty Peters and Scott Graham


One of the sedate photos of Tania and I, Mel on the right. Mel was sober, Tania and I WERE NOT!!!


These photos were all taken much later in the night. Sharelle, Paige and baby Peyton; Judy, Jodie, Bec, Melinda and their families were all there too, but left before the camera came out. They're probably happy about that lol!


2 comments:

judee d said...

Had a great afternoon and early night. Yes I am glad I wasn't there when the camera came out. My head was bad enough the next day, I can only imagine how everyone else's was.
Keep smiling and healthy
Love
Judy

Laura said...

Thanks for the pics Andrea :)
It was a great day, am soooo stoked about my win hehe haven't followed the footy all year and I pick the winner and the margain, go figure!!!
Thanks for putting on a great grand final day, it was lots of fun and great to catch up with everyone :D