Monday, August 06, 2007

Girls Weekend In Phillip Island

Emma's family has a holiday house in Phillip Island that they kindly let us use for the weekend. We had the most wonderful time. We got down there Friday night and went to the pub for tea. We then came home and just sat around drinking, chatting and listening to music until about 1.30am. We decided we'd better go to bed cause the next night was going to be even bigger. We left the heating on over night and I was too hot to sleep. I did not get a wink of sleep until around 7.30am. I finally slept and was awake around 9.45am. I guess that was all I needed to get me through the next day.

We slowly got ourselves organised and went into Cowes for 'brunch'. Although by the time we got there is was actually 'lunch'. We ate at 'Euphoria', which is a cafe owned by friends of Colleen's. After lunch we walked through Cowes leisurely shopping. It was wonderful taking our time, not having kids whinging; "I'm hungry", "I gotta do wee". We didn't go into any children's clothing stores. We then went back to the house. We couldn't play "Scene It", because there was no DVD player, it was faulty. So we just asked the trivia questions from the cards. Then Colleen found the video "Dirty Dancing" so we sat and watched that. Can't believe Sharelle had never actually seen it.

It got to about 6pm and I decided it was time for a drink. We also decided to get into party mode. We showered and dressed up to the nines in our cocktail dresses. Emma got her hair straightener out on my hair. It was so nice and relaxing having her do my hair. But I didn't like it and ended up trying to curl it, but all it did was put a kink in it. But that was fine; a kink was better than straight. We cranked up the music and danced the Macarena and the birdie dance. Anything for a laugh. Even though we were having a ball, it didn't end up being the huge night we thought it would be and we were all in bed around midnight. Still didn't sleep straight away and I ended up on Emma's bed till about 2am. Finally felt sleepy so crawled back into bed where I found Sharelle was awake and ended up chatting to her till I don't know when. Sharelle and I were sharing a bed. Emma got up to go to the toilet and came and joined us in bed too.

The next morning we just enjoyed the peace and quite of chatting without the interruption of kids before we cleaned and packed up to go home. We stopped in San Remo for a very yummy counter lunch and got home around 2.30pm.

These are the photos we took before we got too drunk. Not that any of us got really rolling drunk anyway. We were mucking around doing some stupid poses. See....


Sorry these are a bit dark.

In this photo from left to right is me, Sharelle, Emma and Colleen.

2 comments:

scrapwitch said...

wooot wooo girlies...looks like you all had a blast...love those photos

Laura said...

What a great weekend away, you all deserve it :) Love that green dress Andrea, the colour is awesome!!