Thursday, August 23, 2007

Things a Bit Crazy

Well we had the dreaded lurgy go through this household. It started off with Micayla getting the flu and up vomiting on the Saturday night (2 Saturday's ago). She ended up having the day off school on the Monday. Then Bailey and Adrian came down with it around the same time. I thought I was going to get away without getting it, but NOOOO!!! of course not. The only problem is I was the one who copped it the worst. I came down with it on the Thursday and was dosing up on Cold and Flu tablets just to get me through the day. By Sunday I was feeling fine and thought I'd seen the end of it. Well I woke up Monday morning, had my shower ready to get Micayla off to school but had to climb back into bed. Luckily Adrian was having the day off work so he took Micayla to school and I slept until lunch time and then lazed around the house for the rest of the day. Adrian picked Micayla up from school and took her to Gymnastics.

Then trying to sleep that night. My breathing was very noisy and crackly and it was difficult to get any air. No amount of coughing would clear the noisy breathing. So I took about 6 puffs of my ventolin, still didn't ease it so I took another 6. Eased it a little and took another 6 and found myself drifting off to sleep. I then knew what it was. It definitely wasn't the flu anymore. So Tuesday morning it was off to the doctor. Sure enough, I was having an asthma attack and the doctor put me onto Prednisilone for 3 days. We were both surprised to see my asthma this bad as we have had it well managed for years now. He then sent me home with orders to rest so I went to bed for another couple of hours. Luckily Adrian was still home from work and picked Micayla up from school.

I couldn't rest on Wednesday though. I had a class to teach at Artypants. Which I have to say my classes are proving quite popular and I am having so much fun doing them. After the class I had to go back to the doctors to have my desensitising injections. I had to use my ventolin twice in a space of 20 mins since arriving at the doctors. The doctor listened to my lungs before I was to have my injections and wasn't happy with the way they were sounding. He thought that after 2 days of being on the Prednisilone I would've been better than I was. So he refused to give me the injections for fear it would trigger a reaction and make my lungs worse. Given that I was already on Prednisilone, it would mean an immediate trip to hospital and was way too dangerous. He wasn't taking any chances. He also extended my days on the Prednisilone. I have to go back Friday for my injections now. After that I had to pick Bailey up from creche then Micayla from school. A friend came for a quick coffee. Some quick work on the computer to amend the class timetable ready to take back to ArtyPants when I went to teach another class that night. Right after I fed and cleaned up after the troops and got everything ready for school etc the next day. By the time I got home I was exhausted and went to bed. Had a really bad night, what seemed like I was waking up every hour in need of the ventolin. Note to self: really must get some rest. But.......

Today I've just done all the housework. Once I get off here I'm going to lay down in bed with my Scrapbooking Memories magazine before I go and pick up Micayla and take her swimming. Then I'm off tonight to do a class with Fleurie, we're going to be learning how to make a Secret Box Card. Off to the docs tomorrow, hopefully will have my injections, cause my lungs should be better. On a positive note I am only needing my ventolin 3-4 hourly instead of 1-2 hourly now. Which is good cause all this ventolin is making my chest feel like I've been hit by a bus and I've got the shakes. So at least there is an improvement there.

2 comments:

judee d said...

Thankyou for your wonderful class last night Andrea. I learnt heaps.The dooling certainly makes a difference to a page or just anything doesn't it.
I hope you feel better really soon.
Thanks for all your help in the store. We really appreciate it.
Keep smiling and HEALTHY
l
Judy

jodee76 said...

Hope you start feeling better soon.
Take care of yourself!