Sunday, December 02, 2007

Advent Calendar

Well it's that time of year again. Time to bring out all the Christmas decorations and flick that switch so the streets are filled with Christmas lights.

Our tree went up yesterday. The kids and Adrian helped but I'm ordering them what to do. I'm fussy with how my tree looks. They were all ready to dump stuff everywhere. But I have a system. Lights first, then tinsel, then the string of sliver balls and they have a special way I put them on the tree. Adrian was starting to get annoyed and was ready to throw in the towel, but then I said OK, my parts done, now go for it. The 3 of them started hanging the decs anywhere and everywhere. That's OK, I just changed a few around later when they bunched too many of the same thing on the one branch LOL



I especially love their hand made decorations they so proudly hang in a prominant position. I never touch those ones, they stay where they are.



I always spend 2-3 days afterwards altering where the lights sit and adjust any decorations. I particularly worry about fire so I make sure every light is not touching any tinsel or tree branch.



My advent calendar is up on the cabinet and it looks really good, it has 2 santa chocolates in each pocket and a tag that says "How Many Sleeps" that they move along to the next pocket each morning. I'm inspired to make more of my own decs to hang around. Got some more stuff from Artypants this morning. As if I needed anymore Xmas scrapping to do after the AED layouts.

This is the Advent Calendar I made using the Alison Ellis Christmas range. Thanks to Pippa from Scrapbooking4less for the instructions and templates so I could put this together.



I'm a bit ahead of myself. We took the kids to the fairy park in Anneke last weekend. I usually like to post in date order but oh well, I'll put that in another post later.

1 comment:

Laura said...

What a beautiful calendar Andrea!! and can't wait to see more Chrissie pics!!