Saturday, May 17, 2008

In an Nutshell

Adrian has been away this weekend on a bike ride in the high country with the boys. I've had a pretty quite weekend. I didn't even use the time to do scrapping; can you believe that??? I am going on a scrapping retreat next weekend so I'll be scrapping to my hearts content. Leaving Adrian with the kids for the weekend. Yay!!! 6 sleeps to go (as at Saturday 17th). So I've been using this time to get all my photos and papers and embellishments all organised in pockets in my work in progress folder. I have 20 layouts planned to do. I bet I only come back with about 7 done.

Apart from that, I went to Melinda's baby shower. Melinda is (was) Micayla's teacher at school until about 2 weeks ago. She is also my bosses daughter/sister; not that I'd call them bosses, they are friends who cheer you up when you think nothing can. (Judy and Jodie from Artypants, daughter and sister). We had fun. I won a block of chocolate, which I'm about to go and devour in front of a chic flick with a glass of wine. We had to name the adults to the babies of animals, ie. what's the adult of kitten. Has anyone ever heard of a polliwog? Well it's actually a tadpole, a baby frog. There you go, now your that little bit smarter for reading this blog. Well I must be smarter than I thought cause I won it. YAY!!! But the chocolate will only go to my hips and make me sick because of the dairy that's in it but "who cares!!!!" I will in the morning. Can you tell I'm waffling. I've had a couple of glasses of red wine. LOL. We also played Baby Sharades. Bec and I had to act out Glenn (Melinda's husband) in the delivery room. God I felt like an idiot. Should've done it now after a couple of glasses of wine.

Before going to the Baby shower I slept in until around 10.30am when Micayla decided to bring me breakfast in bed. She made me vegemite toast and coffee. The consequence of that was I walked out to a kitchen that was totally trashed. Micayla had also made her own and Bailey's breakfast.

After I left the baby shower I called past a friends house. I left there without Micayla. They had friends coming over and their daughter was going to be bored with no kids to play with, so they asked if Micayla would like to stay over and keep Paige occupied. Of course they were both very excited about that; so that just left Bailey and I alone. I didn't feel like dinner so I had nothing and Bailey just felt like Wheetbix. (He loves his Wheetbix). So I thought. What the hell! It's probably healthier than chips and nuggets anyway, so that's what he got for tea. It was also so much easier for me. LOL! Am I a lazy mum or what???? Earlier he wanted soup. When I asked him if he still wanted soup, he said "No, I might not have the soup now." How cute. Sounds like a little adult at 4.

He played Wow Wow Wubbzy on the computer while I pottered around the house, and then he watched Garfield in my warm bed. He came out and told me when that was fninished and now he's in bed and fast asleep as soon as his head hit the pillow. He's such a dream.

That's probably enough of my waffling about a weekend full of not much at all. Except for the excitement of the baby shower. So on that note. I'm going to bed with my wine, chocolate and chic flick.

Good Night!!!

P.S. The Artypants Forum is up and running again. Completely safe from Hackers now. So get on over and start chatting.

No comments: