Monday, May 12, 2008

My Mothers Day

My Mother's Day started on Thursday morning when I had morning tea with Bailey at Kinda. He had spent the morning making scones for me.




And then we did some dancing together before he gave me my presents he'd made in Kinda.



The little blurb on the bottom of the place mat says:

"We play cars together. She likes to read a long book.
I love mummy a lot. She's 28 years old."

LOL, I love the age he has me at. I knew I was getting the coffee mug cause he told me the day he painted it after I picked him up. He's not very good at keeping secrets. LOL

Then on Mother's Day, the kids were itching to give me my presents. First Bailey came in wanting to give me his presents but Micayla wasn't up yet so he had to wait. Then they both came running into our room asking if they could give me my presents but it was too early so we sent them away so we could sleep some more. The next time they came in we let them give me the presents.

Bailey gave me a photo frame. He bought this at the Mother's Day stall at the Kinda. He didn't know what he was giving me cause they only got to choose presents that were already wrapped. I was dissappointed in this because I wanted him to give me something he'd chosen himself. So on Mother's Day morning it was as much as a surprise to him as it was to me. At least he couldn't let the secret out beforehand.



Micayla puts a lot of thought into buying presents. She always looks for something you'd really like or would use. She bought me this really cool little keychain. It's called "Trolleybux". The little disk is the size of a $2 coin for the shopping trolley. I love it, it says "Yummy Mummy" on it. Way better than the Coles one I had on there.





They made me breakfast in bed, which we all had together and stayed in bed until 10.30am. Of course I had to use the placemat and had coffee in my new mug. Adrian thought he'd test out room service and left the trays at the bedroom door ready for collection. Funny that, they were still sitting there much later. LOL

We took a few family snaps before we went along to Adrian's parents for lunch of Kentucky Fried Chicken. Yummy!!!




Bailey took along his "Baby Steam Engine" and after lunch he steamed it up with Opa. They also got out the steam roller and steamed them up too. The kids were having fun playing with these. I was going to upload video of this but it didn't work.


The cord Micayla is holding is attached to the steering wheel and she can control where it goes by turning a handle on the end of the cord, which in turn, turns the steering wheel.



Bailey was having fun with his dog. He wanted to take 'Monty' to Oma's for lunch and he was dragging the dog up and down the driveway. Monty really cops a battering from Bailey sometimes. But they are great mates!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Sounds like you had an excellent Mother's Day Andrea, love all the photos and am loving that present from Micayla, what a fantastic idea!!!