Sunday, December 07, 2008

Long Time No Post!!!

Been so busy of late, I haven't had time to come on here since the wedding post. Must be about 3 weeks ago by now.
PB RACE NIGHT

Well Micayla had a PB Race Day at kings swim centre. She beat 2 of her 3 pb's. She was so excited by that. These nights are really fun and she has lots of fun. Especially the fun relays at the end. She has to wait now until February for the next one.

SCHOOL TRANSITION
Bailey's had his prep transition at school. He didn't like it. Because he was in a group with kids he doesn't really like. Except for one of his friends Mason, but he was in America for 2 out of the 3 sessions. We have bought his school uniform and he looks sooooo cute. But OMG he's way too small for school. The smallest size I could buy him was size 4 and that's huge on him. We could only choose 1 style of jacket because the size 4 of the fleecy one (the one I like the best) was, I think equivalent to a size 8. Would last him until Grade 3. It's going to be interesting sending my baby off to school. I think I will cry.

DIPLOMA IN PHOTOGRAPHY
I used to think I'd cry because it means I would have to go back to work and I didn't want to do that. But now I'm studying for my Diploma in Photography. So I am planning on getting work doing photography. I'm so excited by this. I am absolutely loving it. I got 9/10 for my first assignment. And can you believe it, the scrapbooking has taken a back seat for a while (just a while mind you). So I have no layouts to share. Oh well, actually I do, because I went to a crop night at Artypants, just so I could get some scrapping done. I had some design team work to do. I did 4 layouts, but they still need some finishing touches. As soon as they are done I will upload and share.
LEAPFROG LEARNERS
Bailey has also been doing a program run by the school called "Leapfrog Learners". It's for kinda kids preparing for prep. It's been running for the whole term 4 on Wednesday afternoons. The last one is next week already with a party in planning. Can't believe the term is nearly over all ready. Seems like only yesterday Bailey starting doing this program. He has absolutely loved it and I think it's been a wonderful headstart into prep.

KIDS SLEEPOVER/BIKE RIDE
The kids had a sleepover at Adrian's parents from the 21st - 23rd November. We were planning on a trip to Dargo, where the boys would ride their bikes and us wives ride in the 4 Wheel Drives, but it didn't eventuate. Glad it didn't the weather that weekend was disgusting. But the kids still wanted the sleepover anyway and we had a nice weekend together. Instead the boys went for a bike ride just for the saturday, but only 3ks into the ride and Marty came off his bike and broke his collar bone. So that ended their trip for that day. Marty won't be riding again for a while.

BAILEY'S HEARING
Bailey had a hearing test because one of his grommets came out and he can't hear again. Turns out the other grommet is blocked and not working and both ears are all blocked up with fluid again. So it's back to the hospital in February for his 3rd set of grommets. GRRRR!!! So over the plugging of the ears.

GYMNASTIC SQUADS
Micayla went to Gymnastic squad tryouts during the week and YEAH!!! she made the squad class. She'll still be going on a Monday night but for longer now. She is so excited. I think this also means that Mel is her teacher (is that right Mel?). Something Micayla has wanted ever since she started doing gymnastics.

Adrian has been in Sydney since Thursday. He had a meeting and a presentation to do and then he has his Christmas party. So I've been all alone with the kids. Except for today (Saturday) Adrian's parents took the kids to a Christmas function in the dutch community and they got to see St Nicholas and Black Peters. Bailey didn't like Black Peters, he was scared of him. LOL he's only just got used to Santa and then they throw Black Peters into the mix. Tania rang me later in the afternoon and I was telling her how I was all alone and feeling lonely, so she invited me over to their place. So I picked up the kids and went over there for tea. So thanks for the company guys, and for the bourbon Scott.

That's it for now. Thanks for making it to the end of another long post. And this post is all words, no photos to scan over and take up the page.

I will be back soon to share my layouts.

Actually I do have some photos to share. I was taking some photos for my assignment and while I was doing that we got some photos of the family. So I'll share them.







And this was a photo I took for my assignment. I had to choose an object, study it and then close my eyes and visualise how I wanted the photo to look and then shoot it. Then record the whole experience to detail. This is the photo I took and it came out better than I first imagined it because I discovered other possibilities as I was shooting. It has taught me to look at the detail of what you see in the viewfinder. There is more in that viewfinder than your eye first sees. I've now started looking at the world around me through my camera lens, so to speak. By the way, I haven't been lazy, there has been no photoshop editing done to this photo.



OK, that's really the end now. Thanks for making it to the end.

No comments: