Tuesday, August 15, 2006

My Scrap Weekend Away

On Friday 11th August we headed off to The Patch for a girls weekend away. We stayed in the Cherry Blossom cottage in a gorgeous little getaway. 6 of us went but only 5 scrapped. Heather came along just to get away and she was our cook. She cooked us a delicious roast beef and pork for dinner on Saturday night followed by apple crumble, yummy. She also made us scones for afternoon tea. She was also a gem for bringing me a blanket for my legs when I complained they were cold. Thanks Heather! Thanks to Tanya for bringing the Krispy Kremes, but they really are "just a donut".

On Friday night, while scrapping away we played a game of body parts. Calling out a part of the body beginning with a letter of the alphabet that someone would say. We had tears of laughter rolling down our faces. We played lots of music from the eighties but mostly James Blunt got a good workout in the CD player, mostly at mine and Paula's request.

I hardly got any sleep on Friday night due to a certain person snoring all night, tried using my headphones but had to turn the music up so loud that the music kept me awake. I couldn't sleep anymore so I got up very early Saturday morning and went for a run, but it was too cold and I had an asthma attack and had to return to the cottage for my ventolin. We watched "How to Lose a Guy in 10 days" on Saturday night, my all time favourite movie and I just couldn't take my eyes off the tele to scrap, even though I've seen it about 6 times. We had lots of laughs, the girls I went away with were all very laid back and lots and lots of fun. I had quite a few red wines and stayed up late so that I would fall straight to sleep when I went to bed, but my room mates had changed around. They were already asleep when I went to bed and there was no snoring and I fell straight to sleep. Apparently though, the others didn't sleep too well cause the heating was left on and there was some snoring, but I didn't hear a thing. Yeah!!!

Come Sunday morning we managed to fit in a tiny bit of scrapping before packing up. We decided that Friday evening to midday Sunday was just not long enough and next time we'll make it an extra day. One full day of scrapping is just not enough!!! Even though Saturday wasn't a real full day of scrapping cause we did make some trips out.

We got quite a bit of scrapping done though, I think Tanya's was the record; she scrapped over 25 layouts I think. I did 5 layouts with 2 of them being double page spreads. You will be able to view them in my link on the right hand side of this page as soon as I photograph them and upload them.

I had a couple of photos of the weekend, but for some reason after many tries, Blogger won't let me upload them. grrrrr. If I can get them to work I'll post a piccy.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Hi Andrea

That sounds like so much fun and I would love to join you one weekend to get some of my scrapping done. It's good that there was just a small group of you and you watched movies and did other stuff too, more like a slumber party!!
Can't wait to come over and do some scrapping with you, I will be starting Kaytie's album as soon as I get her photos organised.
I'm glad you had a fun, relaxing and productive weekend. Talk to you soon :)

Laura