Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Bailey's doing Gymnastics

Bailey started his first time at Gymnastics last night (11th February). He was refusing to go in at first. Stood at the door and clung to me. He wouldn't let me take his shoes off to go in. He said he was scared. Not even taking Lightening McQueen off him would get him to go in. So I just gave up and he sat on the steps while I went and joined my friends, the other mums of Micayla's friends and Julie, mum of Sarah and Brandon. Micayla's teacher came and sat with Bailey on the steps to talk to him and managed to get him to sit with her inside the gym and got him doing some warm up excersises sitting with her. Micayla sat with them too. I told my friends that I needed Mel here and that I bet he'll join in if she was here. Then just as the warm up finished and they were about to go into their groups, Mel came in. I told her to go and see my son and see if you can get him to join in. She ran off all excited that Bailey was now doing gymnastics and you should've seen his face when he saw Mel. That was it, he was so excited to see her. He went off into the group and had the best time. He climbed up onto the beam, which is twice his size and walked along the whole length of it with all the confidence about the place. He was following the group with his train actions from activity to activity. He was swinging on bars and climbing ropes. He's a little monkey. He was doing rolly polly's down the mat and was just having an absolute ball. He's looking forward to going again next week now. There's no stopping him now.

Thanks Mel for helping get Bailey started. For those that don't know, Mel is the fiance of Adrian's cousin, Steve, which makes her a future 2nd cousin in law to Micayla and Bailey LOL. She's also one of the gymnastics instructers at the Berwick YMCA, where the kids do gymnastics.

No comments: