Monday, June 19, 2006

The new Pergola

While Adrian's parents were away in Holland for a month, Adrian had this 'brilliant' idea (hhmmm) to build them a pergola while they were gone and surprise them. It meant taking me away from my scrapbooking for awhile (grrrrr). I couldn't post the progress on here because they read the blog from Holland and they would've found out; no fun then. I'd decided, with some prompting from my forum friends after having a winge, that seeing I was taken away from my scrapping, I would scrap the post. We even joked about entereing 'the scrapped pergola' in the Scrapbooking Memories Masters competition. Here are the photos of the finished pergola and scrapped post. When Adrian drove them up the driveway it was dark and the coach lights were on, it looked very pretty. I saw Adrian's mother reach across and punch him affectionately in the arm. It looked to me like his father was fighting back tears. They said it was like coming home to Backyard Blitz and are going to go away again, leaving us with a list of things they'd like done. They're telling everyone about their surprise. I think they like it.

No comments: