Sunday, October 01, 2006

Grand Final Day

We really weren't interested in the Grand Final this year; again! We are the typical Victorian supporters who don't like interstate teams in the Grand Final. So instead we went shopping. We called into Olympic Fitness, where my brother Rohan works because we are going to buy a cross trainer. Then we went to Impact Blinds and purchased timber venetians for a bathroom, toilet and ensuite windows. This is something we have wanted on our window since we built the house 9 years ago and finally did something about it. The plan was to hang them on the windows the same day. We also went to Bunnings and spent a voucher Adrian received from my parents for his birthday back in January. We bought some plants for the front garden. They were also going to be planted the same day. Just as we pulled up in the driveway Adrian got a call from his mate Darren; who was already drunk from being at a Grand Final Breakfast, inviting us around for a BBQ at Mel's parents place. Not wanted to knock back a fun day out with friends we accepted.

When we got there we couldn't get in the door before Darren came out showing us his new car. A VE SSV. What a HOT car! We went for a drive. Adrian drove, while I sat in the front passenger and Darren in the back. Boy does that car go. I could not believe the short distance it took to reach 110kph. I was just itching, I just had to have a drive. It is certainly not like the commodores we have come to know over the last few years. This car is in a league of it's own. I have never driven a car that handles anything like this one. WOW!!! is all I can say.

Well the whole day was shot then. Adrian drank his beer all a little too fast to "catch up to Darren" and he suffered. Poor "Chucky" was not well at all when we got back to Darren and Mel's. I had to take him home and he was in bed asleep I think by about 9pm. But I do have to say, even though I wasn't interested in the Grand Final this year, what an awesome last quarter to watch. Even I was screaming at the TV. All I can say now is Go Dons! I know they had a crap year, but maybe next year we can do better.

No comments: