Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Micayla's 6th Birthday Party

On Saturday 28th October, Micayla celebrated her 6th birthday with a disco party. We decorated the garage with disco lights, ball and had a smoke machine. There was a total of 26 kids but thankfully I didn't have to feed them lunch. The party was from 2.30 to 4.30pm and they nibbled away on party food till it was all gone and drank coloured lemonade. They couldn't believe how I could make plain lemonade turn orange, blue, yellow, red, purple, pink or green just by pouring it into a cup. We played, musical statues, limbo, pass the parcel and smashed away at a pinata as hard as they could, but still it wouldn't break. They had so much fun dancing to all the latest Top 40 songs (and so did Mel and I) and also did the Macarena, the birdy dance and the hokey pokey (and so did Mel and I). We ran out of time to to do the conga line. They were also given glow sticks at the beginning of the party, which they made into bracelets, necklaces and earings. They were glowing everywhere. Micayla's birthday cake was ice cream and decorated in sugar crystals and stars, which I made all myself. Micayla said her party was cool and she loved celebrating it with all her friends. She was also very lucky to have Kealy stay over for a sleepover and they both slept on the air mattress together on the floor in her bedroom. The first thing they did in the morning was play with Micayla's dress ups. Her room look liked a bomb had gone off.

Even though the pictures don't show it, it was dark in the garage and the disco lights and glow jewellery lit up the room. One side of the room was decorated with black sheets and a purple sheer cloth with glitter spots all over it draped in front and the lights glittered off the glitter.

3 comments:

Laura said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICAYLA!!! Your now 6, what a milestone - grade 1 here you come. I can't believe how big and grown up you are now, you are such a delight :)
Well done on the party, Andrea you did a such fantastic job, the kids seemed to have a ball and the garage looked great. I loved the glow in the dark jewellery what a cool idea!! I hope you guys have just as much fun at Bailey's birthday on the weekend at the River, I can't wait to see the photos from it - have a good time and I'll see you when you get back :)

Laura

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of a disco party at your house once!! (was it your 16th) What a lucky little girl, sounded like an awesome party...
(I do that lemonade trick too!!!)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICAYLA!! xxXXxx

Anonymous said...

Hello there!
How are you all? Micayla: happy birthday, or how we say it in Dutch: Van harte gefeliciteerd!
Is everything ok? I was just surfing and thought abouth down under! Here in Holland is everything pretty good. The autumn is getting starting now. It's getting colder around here, but I love to see it. It's great to see the autumn after I missed it last year! But...last year I was snorkeling in Coral Bay...haha. That was great as well!
Take care and all the best to everyone!
Love Krista & Maurice from Holland!