Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Mum's 70th


On 21st October we went to Ballarat to celebrate Mum's 70th Birthday. The party was at Rochelle's house. It was just a small group of family and friends of Mum and Dads from the past 40+ years. It was a great day although very cold. Mum and Dad really enjoyed having their friends and family around.

This photo is of Mum with her kids. Left to right, my brother rohan, my sister Rochelle, Mum, my brother Geoff and me.

What birthday wouldn't be complete without a photo with her grandkids. Left to right Kieran, Liam, Taylah, Micayla, Lachlan and Bailey in the front.

Kieran and Taylah belong to Rochelle and Mark, Liam and Lachlan belong to Rohan and Wanda and of course you know who Micayla and Bailey belong to. Dale and Wayne belong to Geoff but they couldn't make it to the party.

We had a spit roast and salads and as usual there was way too much food. But it was all very delicious. It was great catching up with the people I haven't seen in years. Some of them were parents of kids I went to primary school with. And of course as it is every party I make the cake for, it's heartbreaking to put the knife through the cake.

The kids had a lot of fun together and their Uncle Geoff took them all for a ride in the back of his ute. Micayla and Taylah were calling him "funny Uncle Geoff". Geoff is a big kids himself.




3 comments:

Laura said...

The cake looks beautiful, you did such a good job...yet again :) The kids must have had a ball in the back of the ute, looks like lots of fun. I hope your mum enjoyed herself and you guys were able to relax a little whilst you were away.

Laura

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Mrs B (dont think I should use surnames here..)WOW 70!!! (We're just over half way there Andrea...)
What a beautiful cake!
Great to see all the family together on this special occasion..

Anonymous said...

Can I have a copy of the photo's of the kids....?