Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Micayla's School Sleepover

Micayla spent last night sleeping in the hallway of her school. It was her prep class school sleepover. She was so excited to get to school and lay out her bed next to her friends. They had an evening of activities and their dinner was party food. She said that ate party pies, chips, sausage rolls and had ice cream. Apparantly they got to sleep around 11.00pm and they started popping their heads up off the pillows at around 6.00am. Then it was breakfast of wheat bix and toast. Micayla said "I didn't eat my wheat bix because they were cold and you know I like my wheat bix warm". The morning activity was making their own lunch to eat at lunch time. We picked up the kids at 1.pm because the kids were supposed to be tired but I think the teachers had had enough by then was more to the point. When I picked her up everyone elses beds and bags were packed up ready to go, except of course Micayla's, hers was still spread everywhere and her bag half unpacked. This is typical. Micayla then went to play at her friend Paige's house.

It was weird only tucking in one child to sleep last night. Every night before I go to bed I go and tuck the kids in some more and give them another kiss goodnight. Last night I tucked Bailey into bed and then looked into Micayla's empty room and I missed her.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Micayla's really starting to grow up :) Must have been weird to have her away for the night, and hard wondering how she was going. Sounds like she had a great time though. I guess it's good to get them used to going on camps for when they get older.
I'm looking forward to scrapping with you tomorrow night at Arty Pants....see you there :)
Laura