Tuesday, April 15, 2008

OMG! What a Weekend!!!

Friday 3rd April, the kids went for a sleepover at Oma and Opa's. They were dropped off around 10am and I had the whole day to myself. What bliss!!! By the end of the afternoon I felt so relaxed. I did a bit of shopping and picked up some awesome bargains. A black jacket that was $99 reduced to $39, among other things. Adrian was home from work by the time I arrived back home and he wanted me to parade them for him, as I did. We then went out for a nice casual dinner at The Pancake Parlour. We were going to go ten pin bowling after that but never made it there. We ended up spending the rest of the night (actually till 2am) enjoying each other's company and talking all night. The next morning Adrian made me breakfast in bed. We then spent the day together doing bits and pieces, including spending 2 hours at the Hallam opening of Sexyland. LOL It was huge, lots of fun stuff happening there. Then we picked the kids up at around 4pm.

I went out on a girls night out at The Matthew Flinders Hotel. It was a friend Sue's birthday. We had dinner and then went into Tom Thumbs after dinner. Had a bit of fun dancing with the girls but was glad to get home. I was actually ready to go around 11pm but I was told the band was due to come on soon. I waited til midnight and still no band so I went home. Being at a place like that really makes you appreciate what's waiting for you at home.

Then on the Sunday we took the kids Rollerskating in Dandenong. Big Mistake!!!! Well for me anyway. Was having lots of fun. Bailey looked so cute on tiny little rollerskates, but he found it so hard he switched to a scooter. Micayla was using her rollerblades but the also switched to rollerskates.




I think it must be close to 30 years since I skated. Took me a bit of getting used to it again. I was a bit wobbly, but soon found my wheels and was whizzing around the rink pretty easily. Then I decided to see if I remembered how to go backwards. That was my BIG MISTAKE!!! The wheel of one skate clipped the wheel of the other skate and my legs flew out from under me and I fractured my arm. Can you believe that!!! After 38 years I've broken my first bone. It's actually the radial head in my elbow. It's only a minor fracture but it has to be bandaged and in a sling for a minimum of 2 weeks. Yeah alright, I can hear you all laughing, it's not funny!!! Actually yes it is. That'll teach me. Shouldn't have got so cocky.


Doesn't stop me from Scrapping though. This was at last Friday night's Crop at Artypants (11th April). I had others cutting things out for me. Thanks Bec and Jenny for doing that. I did everything else, sticking things down with my left hand and doodling on the Cool Dude layout. These are the 2 layouts I did and a photo of me scrapping with a fractured arm. Thanks Jodie for your photography of me.





3 comments:

Laura said...

Wow you have been going "blogging mad!!!"lately hehe. Thanks for the great bg update with everything you have been doing! Loving all the photos and the funny stories about your arm, the wedding fun and even sexyland hehe. Great to see you and Adrian enjoying some nice couple time. Loving all your layouts and good to see Micayla is following in your "scrapping footsteps" :)
Loving the pics of Easter at Moama, really hoping we can get there for Christmas this year.
AND CONGRATULATIONS on your 10 year wedding anniversary :D

Unknown said...

Yes Congrats on the big 10 year anniversary:)

How annoying about your arm, but good to see that not even a hurt arm stops Andrea from scrappin ! Your layouts are fantastic, and even more brillant considering that they were done with only one arm, help or no help and youre welcome sweetie anytime.
I love watching Micayla scrap, she gets so excited- so cute, just like you do when you see something you like. Hehe.
Talk soon take care
Bec XX

Unknown said...

Consider youself tagged.. check my blog for details !