Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Lochsport - Anzac Weekend

Again we spent a holiday in Lochsport with Scott and Tania and Marty and Julie. If it's not Moama, it's Lochsport.
The weather was kind to us, with the sun shining and actually feeling quite warm. We took the kids out motorbike riding on Friday.


Bailey crashed our little Suzuki 50, then decided to ride Sarah and Brandons bike with the training wheels.
On the Friday afternoon Tania and Julie took all the kids for a paddle in the boat. I stayed back and relaxed with a drink, watching the Essendon v Collingwood game with the boys. It was so peaceful without the kids. Having a fractured arm, I really couldn't be bothered going out exerting myself, paddling in a boat. I told my kids not to get wet, but of course what happens, my kids and only my kids are the ones that got wet.
Saturday morning Tania, Julie and I took the kids for a walk to the beach. Again they got wet. After they were told to stay out of the water. Micayla lifted her pants so she could paddle in the water just up to her ankles. This ended up to her knees so I told her to take her pants off and go in her knickers so her pants stayed dry, but she still wasn't allowed in over her knees. I think she thinks her knees are at her waist. She ended up with sopping wet knickers and half her top wet. At least Bailey listened to me.
That afternoon the girls decided for the boys to take the kids fishing and we'd stay back child free and relax. Julie said she was going to have a sleep and so did Tania, and Nathan and Jaeda had come down sick with Jaeda vomitiing. So I decided it was going to be no fun at all staying back at the house while they were sick and sleeping so I went fishing with the boys and the kids. They were only feeding the fish, catching nothing. Micayla again was told not to get wet, so what does she do. Yep you guessed it.
Here is a photo of her wrapped in a towel to keep warm cause she got her pants wet again.


Next time I'll just pack their wetsuits and let them go for their life. But they had been sick so I didn't want them playing in cold water while their colds were still lingering. And I still didn't want Bailey's head getting wet where he'd been glued. Bailey at least listened to me mostly. He did play chicken with the waves for a minute. Got his pants a bit wet and stopped.

Scott was casting off when a wave came in and got him. On his way out of the water he stepped in a hole and fell right in. Unfortunately I'd pointed the camera behind me at Bailey jumping off the sandhills and missed capturing Scott falling in the water. I did get to see it happen though, which gave me a good laugh.
And here is Bailey squashing one of the sand castles. He said he was flying.

No comments: