Monday, September 18, 2006

Monthly Melbourne Forum Crop

Well it finally arrived. The day when some of the Melbourne girls from the Scrapbooking Memories Chat Forum met up for the first time (for some of us) for an afternoon of cropping at a hall in Prahan. Thank you to Simmi for organising this fabulous day for us all in the hall she uses for her playgroup. Not a lot of scrapping got done but a lot of talking did. It didn't help my husky voice from the night before at all. Poor Brooke didn't have any mojo but Janet was doing some beautiful work on a canvas and a frame. Simmi was trying to get her ATC cards done for a swap when she was cutting out ATC for her nieces to scrap. I think her neices did more ATC cards than Simmi. I continued on with the doodling on my canvases from the night before but I only managed to get 2 and a half done. The doodling takes soooooo long; or maybe it's because of the talking!!! LOL!!! Simmi had organised goodie bags for each of us and a couple of door prizes, with the winners being Alz and Janet. Congratulations girls.

Here is a photo of us all scrapping except for me cause obviously I was taking the photo but I was sitting next to Simmi, where you can see all my canvases piled up.

Starting at the bottom left of the photo is Bri, then to Bri's left is Janet, then it's Brooke (Angel Eyes) at the end of the table, then it's Allison (Alzcards), then it's Simmi's neice Emma standing where I was sitting. Her other neice Rebecca was floating around probably at the Sizzix machine, cutting out stuff for her ATC's, which I must say, she did a beautiful job. And last but certainly not least our fabulous organiser Simone (Simmibear). Thanks again Simmi for organising such a fab day. Sadly I can't be at the next one cause I have my mother's 70th Birthday party. But I will be there for the November one, just try and keep me away, regardless of how I'm feeling.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow! that's awesome, it would be nice to be able to scrapbook and crop with people you've met online! happy scrapping blushbutter from Narre Warren Aus