Sunday, June 03, 2007

Happy Birthday to me!!!

Saturday 2nd June was my ~ dare I say it ~ my 37th birthday. I woke up Saturday morning to the kids jumping on the bed with my presents in their hands. I really could've done with an extra hour or two of sleep. They gave me clothes and Micayla had drawn me pictures. Mum and Dad came over for lunch with a yummy Cinnamon sponge cake. Adrian's parents came over to visit the night before.

Then we went off to Scott and Tania's house. It was Tania's birthday on 3rd of June. Happy 35th Birthday Tania (sorry, just let the cat out of the bag). So we decided we'd celebrate together. From their house we walked over to The Eating House; a new restaurant in Lynbrook. It was a great restaurant, service was good and the food was yummo. I had an Eye Fillet Steak with Red Wine Jus and it was fabulous. Cooked to perfection. Darren, Mel, Marty, Julie, Erwin and Kerrie were there too. Laura came a bit later with a bottle of cab sav for me. Thanks Laura. Dave and Laura did a tag team, when Laura went home, Dave came over. Cause Kaytie was fast asleep in bed.


This is a photo of both the birthday girls and then one Adrian took of me. He did a great job of snapping away with the camera and I didn't have to ask him this time.

The kids all sat at another table, there were 9 of them and Jordan in the high chair, although he didn't really sit in it.



I shared a bottle of red wine with Scott and then went onto vodka. We had a very delicious Chocolate and Strawberry Torte birthday cake we'd got from The Cheesecake Shop. This is the photo of all of us singing happy birthday.



Shortly afterwards it was back to Scott and Tania's where we continued to party. Apparantly, Tania and I polished of 2, 750ml bottles of Vodka. OK, maybe not all of the 2 bottles. Mel had a couple of drinks and we did leave a little bit left in one bottle. We also had quite a few shots of CS Cowboys. I didn't wake up too well the next morning, however after all that I really thought I'd feel worse. I only had a really bad headache. I've felt a lot worse on less than that.

When my eyes get really tired I struggle to focus on people, my eyes get lazy. So I shut 1 eye so that I can focus better. Tania went and got me one of her kids pirate eye patches to wear, was quite funny. I don't have a photo of this so when I get a copy from Tania I'll post it on here to show you. I think anyway, haven't seen the photo yet, or any of the others that were taken. LOL.

We stayed the night at Scott and Tania's and got to bed somewhere around 2.30am. Scott then made us bacon and eggs for breaky. Thank you Scott for cooking breakfast, you did a great job. I would've helped if only I could've got my head off the pillow. Adrian packed up the kids clothes, our bedding etc and packed the car and all I could do was lie there.

The following day Steve and Mel came over with another bottle of red in hand for me. It wasn't really a sight I wanted to see at that point in time, but thank you very much guys. I will enjoy that next weekend. Just hope it's not as messy as this one.

3 comments:

YveTonks said...

Happy Birthday for the weekend Andrea! You're still a spring chicken! (30's are the new 20's I hear!) It looks like you shared a fun celebration! Parties that continue on are usually pretty crazy:D

judee d said...

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to You, Happy birthday dear Andrea, Happy birthday to you. Please say happy birthday to Tania for me.
So happy you had a really goooooood night and weekend. Hope the head wasn't toooooooooo bad.
Keep smiling and healthy
l
Judy

Anonymous said...

Looks and sounds like quite the celebration!
Glad you had such a wonderful birthday!
I am still waiting to see a photo of your wearing that pirates eye patch though!!!!!!!
Now you're old like me!
Love Tara xx