Saturday, April 14, 2007

Beyond the Blue So Far

We are now half way through the Embellished Scrapbook Shoppe Beyond The Blue Competition. These are the layouts I've done so far. They are Week 1 to Week 5. I've been working on an 8.5x11 inch album and I am really enjoying working with this size. I'm also really enjoying this journey, it's making me really dig deep into myself and finding myself again. Each week I hang out to find out what the next challenge will be.


Week 1 - Looking on the horizon


Week 2 - Your greatest Aquisition


Week 3 - Where do you find inner peace


Week 4 - Define your turning point


Week 5 - Who is your mentor/someone you turn to.

This is the current weeks layout (week 6). We had to describe out biggest regret, so this is what I came up with. It's about my first marriage. I actually found this week pretty difficult to do. Having to scrap something you'd prefer to forget and bring it all back to the surface was really quite difficult and not much fun. However I do feel good, overcoming this dilema and coming up with what I did. This is really making me work outside my comfort zone. I didn't have any photos anymore but I found a photo of Adrian with a portrait of me as a bride the first time around on the wall in the background. So I scanned in the photo, cropped it and printed it. Because of the cropping and enlarging the photo came out blurry, so I worked with this and called the layout "A blur in my life" and it really worked well. Voting for this week is running now. You need to go to www.embellished.com.au/newshoppe and register into their forum (if you haven't already). Then click on the Beyond the Blue Thread, then click on 'The Journey'. It will come up with all the weeks competitions as separate threads. You need to scroll down until you find Week 6, click on this and then click on the thread for the voting and place your vote.

1 comment:

Laura said...

YAY I voted! I thought there were some pretty boring ones with no regrets. Yours is fantastic very thought provoking and I love the hidden message behind the blurry photo. Now I know how to vote properly I will remember each weekend :)
Laura