Sunday, April 22, 2007

Shanika's and a Movie

Thanks to Yvonne and Damien for starting out a lovely night out last night (Sat 21st), just Adrian and I. Yve and Damien gave us vouchers for a meal at Shanika's in Berwick. Damien told us that Yve had a little thank you for us for everything we did to help toward their wedding. I was just thinking a card and maybe something really little, which is even more than I expected. We were blown away when we opened the card to find Shanika's vouchers. And Shanika's is my fav restaurant; their food and service is just scrummy. We both had eye fillet steak, which was cooked perfectly (bleeding). Mine with a generous amount of Bearnaise sauce and Adrian had Peppercorn sauce. It was followed by the biggest piece of Tirimusu for me, which I ate every bit of (I know, I'm a piggy), and Sticky Date for Adrian. He left some on his plate but I just couldn't bring myself to finish it off for him.

After dinner we went on to Village Cinema in Fountain Gate to see 'Perfect Stranger'. Thanks to David and Laura for the vouchers for that. David and Laura gave Adrian movie vouchers for his birthday, 2 birthdays ago. We finally got around to using them. Just as they were about to expire. The movie was really good and the ending was definately not what I expected.

The kids had a sleepover at their Oma and Opa's and as always they had lots of fun and stayed up really late. They spent this morning playing in the park that has been updated with lots of awesome new play equipment. It was really quite in the house when we got home at around 11.30pm. I know it would've been quite at that time anyway cause the kids would've been in bed, but it seemed really lonely knowing they were not in there beds and we couldn't just go in there and see them sleeping and give them a kiss. It was very empty when we got up this morning to make our own breakfast and none for the kids. I missed the joyful noise of the kids in the morning. It made me think, what is it going to be like when they grow up and move out. I hope they visit a lot.

Thanks again to Yvonne and Damien and David and Laura for providing a really nice night out for us.

2 comments:

Laura said...

YAY!! you finally used the vouchers LOL. Sounds like you had a really nice time just the two of you for a change. You guys should do that more often ;)

Cass said...

YOU have been TAGGED, please check my blog for details


Sounds like you had a great time to BTW

Cheers
Cass xxxx