Monday, September 24, 2007

Footy Tipping Party

On Saturday, 22nd we had our Footy Tipping Party. Thanks to Darren for organising the whole event. Every year we choose our tips for the whole season before the season starts, and on Prelim final day we have a big party with a spit roast and alcohol all provided for in the cost of entering the competition. This year we provided the venue. Darren sets up the big screen and he counts down everyones tips for the whole season (Brownlow style) until we have a winner.

We had a jumping castle for the kids, and yes, what drunken adult would not get on it too. Even me in a mini skirt and I kept falling over and wedging myself between the wall and the floor of the castle. Had to be helped out as I was stuck. Thanks Scott for rescuing me.


First things first. Fill the esky with the beer!!!! Don't you just love the size of our esky. Thanks again Scott for providing that and also for the spit.


Can you believe it. Just had to catch Adrian doing the dishes on camera.


Congratulations to Darren's Dad, Rob for coming first. Don't remember who got 2nd and 3rd, but well done Emma for being such a bad tipster and getting your money back.

We didn't get many photos cause we were just so busy dancing and drinking. The party started around 12.30pm and went until about 1.30am. The kids were all tucked up inside watching DVD's and Bailey was put to bed, while we kept on partying outside. I danced so much in my high heeled boots that my legs feel like I've done a workout in the gym. The mini bike even came out at one stage and we were riding that around in circles in the garage. As cold as the night got, ice ended up down peoples clothing, lots of glasses got broken (even my fav red wine glasses, the only 2 I had left, have to go buy more now) and I even broke my favourite bling ring. :( So you can see the night got pretty messy, but we had loads and loads of fun.

We did come inside for a little bit and the camera happened to be handy. These are a couple of the 'tame' photos I'll share with you. I say no more!!!!



From left to right is me, Emma, Sharelle and Kath. We became friends when our kids were in the same prep class at Hillsmeade P.S. last year. We were being called 'The Hillsmeade Girls" but that's not what we call ourselves LOL.

There was next to no alcohol left by the end of the night. Usually there is always wine left over, but someone was sent down the street to buy more wine for the girls. Just goes to show 'The Hillsmeade Girls' don't mind throwing back a few. Tania also put in a good work out on the Fruity Lexia. Way to go Tan!!!!

Scott and Tania stayed the night and I did a terrible job of making pancakes for breakfast for them all. I had the shakes and everytime I flipped a pancake, it slopped everywhere. Luckily Adrian made the bacon and eggs. After doing some cleaning I spent the rest of the day on the couch. And to think I was planning on getting on the cross trainer???? Darren and Mel came around later to pick up their car and laptop etc., after spending the day at the Royal Melbourne Show. I just cringed at the thought of getting off the couch let alone the show!

2 comments:

judee d said...

HA HA, been there done that.
Keep smiling and healthy
l
Judy

Anonymous said...

I love ur blog Andrea, it was a great night. Don't know if I'll be invited to another one tho!! HAHA
We all had fun.LOL
Go the "Hillsmeade Girls".......
love Kath xx