Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Bailey had his 1st ride in an Ambulance

Bailey had his first ride in an ambulance to the hospital last night. I had spent all evening trying to get his temp down. He had panadol at 7pm and again at 11pm and during this whole time his temp stayed at 39. After 11pm it actually started increasing so I called an ambulance. They came very quickly with lights and sirens. They took him to Casey hospital, which is a brand new hospital and has only had it's ED up and running for the last 6 months. It used to only be open until 9pm, I didn't know it had changed. No more going to Dandenong, yeah! Anyway, they did a chest xray to make sure he didn't have pnuemonia, thankfully he didn't. So in the end they gave him Nurofen, which brought his temp down. I usually use Nurofen and Panadol together but I'd run out of Nurofen. They sent me home at 3am with a bottle of Nurofen and advice to continue what I'm doing and let it run its course and continue with the antibiotics. He was so sick though. Normally, even sick, he would be quite lively and chatting etc, but he just laid on the hospital bed, so drowsy, all he wanted was sleep and to be left alone. So I just sat there catching up on my scrapping reading. The nurse was into scrapping too. She'd just started but was already hooked and couldn't wait to get stuck into the 100s of photos they took in Thailand. I'm soooo tired. I've only about 15 hours sleep over the last 5 days. Adrian's having his car serviced today so he is at home and can watch Bailey while I go back to bed and catch up on sleep before I get sick too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, here your mom and dad. We are sorry to hear that Bailey was so sick. Hopefully much bettter now.

Love Mum and Dad from Holland.

Laura said...

Hi Andrea
Sorry to hear that Bailey got so sick. Dave told me yesterday what had happened. I hope he is feeling lots better now. I know how scary it is seeing your baby with a temp of 40 degress, being so lathargic. How was the ambulance trip, pity Bailey was too sick to realise the excitement :) Hope to see you soon.

Laura