Monday, May 22, 2006

My Weekend to Myself

Adrian took his new bike and went off to the high country with a bunch of his mates on Friday. So I had the whole weekend to do whatever, and guess what I did, yep "scrapbooked". Mind you, I planned on plowing through lots of layouts but only managed 4. Still that's 4 I didn't have done. Friday the kids were asleep nice and early so I put this page together "My Angel". It was one I just threw together but it still took me all night, over a few glasses of wine and chatting on my favourite scrapbooking forum with my cyber friends. But it's my fav layout over the whole weekend. I got to bed around 2.30am.

Saturday morning we went down to the primary school to put our bit in with the working bee. We spread mulch over the garden beds and the kids had a ball helping. They were riding on top of the pile of mulch in the wheelbarrow. Bailey had a little kids barrow and was emptying his share under the trees and then using the rake did his best to spread it around. He had his photo taken for the school newsletter. Even though I was hoping it would rain so I could get out of it, it was actually a beautiful morning and I enjoyed it. The morning was followed with a yummy sausage sizzle. It was great getting to know some of the teachers and the Vice Principal and they now know who Micayla is. She also made some new friends who are in Grade 1. It will make things easier for her at school. I will be happy to do my bit again.

Tania came over later in the afternoon and we had dinner together and then got stuck into scrapping. Well Tania did, she put 2 frames together while I took all night to put this layout together, which should have taken me no longer than an hour. I talk too much! And a few more wines. Laura also came over and we spent some time on the computer checking out her blog for an update on Kaytie. Some wonderful breakthroughs with another little step backward, but not too drastic. Micayla was sick again. She complained of a sore throat, next thing she was running to the toilet to throw up. Didn't quite make it and I spent some time cleaning it up off the toilet door and floor, trying not to add to it myself. It was a one off though, she's been fine since. Had and earlier night tonight, got to bed around 1.30am.

Woke up Sunday morning with muscles I forgot I had and took a little while getting going. Spent the morning cleaning up and the afternoon scrapping. Bailey developed a cold and a terrible cough that wouldn't go away. The kids had a jammie day and watched DVD's all day. I managed to get a layout done in the afternoon before grabbing pizza for tea, put the kids to bed and did another layout. Planned on being in bed before midnight except I jumped online and chatted for a while once my layout was done and before I knew it, it was 1.00am. So I bid my cyber friends goodnight and headed off to bed, checking on the kids before I went, only to find Bailey had developed a temperature of 38.5. So I stayed with him to make sure this came down before crawling into bed around 2.00am. I struggled out of bed around 7.00am to get Micayla off to school and Bailey is just miserable. So I arranged for Micayla to go to school with one of her friends, cause I couldn't take Bailey into the class room the way that he is. I'm supposed to be doing my grocery shopping but I'm waiting for Adrian to come home so I can leave Bailey with him and I'll whip around the shops quickly on my own later. Just got an SMS from Adrian, he'll be home around lunch time, so that still gives me plenty of time to shop before I take Micayla dancing. These are the 2 layouts I finished on Sunday.

2 comments:

Mumma_Mone said...

HI there Andrea, its mumma bear mone your lo are just stunning, i love the "MY ANGEl" one those colours are great .

Anonymous said...

Great LOs Andrea. They are fab. - Vix.