Monday, May 15, 2006

My Mothers Day

Micayla and Bailey came in and woke me up with presents in hand. I got a shop bought dish (see photo) that I picked out. But the best presents were the ones Micayla made at school and chose herself from the school mothers day stall. Her card was beautifully hand made with scrunched coloured paper for flower petals. She bought the beautiful note pad holder and made me bath crystals that smell of rose. The smell is so strong you can smell it as soon as you walk down the hall to the bathroom. They then attempted to make me breakfast in bed. Pancakes! but they kept sticking to the pan and I had to get up to help. I made a new batch (both from cheap home brand packet mix) and that didn't work either. Won't be buying that again. I ended up having muffins and coffee at the kitchen table and it was about 10am by then. So lucky the pancake mix didn't work because having breakfast at 10am would've meant no room for home made soup for lunch at Adrian's mothers.

Then we ended up at 'New World Honda', to buy motorbike stuff for Adrian, not the best way of spending Mothers Day. But I ended up putting nylons and knee protectors on the counter for Micayla. I very nearly bought Bailey the cutest pair of tiny nylons, but that would be pointless because he's to little to ride a motorbike. Adrian said "it's more expensive taking me because I wouldn't have even looked at that stuff." I replied with "so don't bring me next time."

No comments: