Tuesday, May 30, 2006

An ECG for Bailey

OMG; I got the shock of my life when I saw the doctor today. It was just a routine check after finishing the antibiotics and to follow up on his xray that the hospital doctor told me was nothing to worry about. I don't know what he was thinking. As it turns out, my doctor was surprised I wasn't in to see him earlier and didn't realise the hospital doctor didn't tell me. BUT as it turns out, he had viral pnuemonia something something (big long doctor word) and get this, fluid around an enlarged heart. I nearly died. He sent me straight next door for an ECG and I have to go back to the hospital in 2 weeks for a follow up xray. The doctor rang the piediatrician (Spelling????) while I was there but didn't see the need to refer him because after listening to his heart and lungs he is "clinically well". His lungs were crystal clear and there was no murmor in his heart, so that is reassuring. The nurses were so lovely to Bailey and even put tape and a bandage on Jiggles (Bailey's favourite teddy) just so he was like him. How cute. He was SUCH a good boy.

Oh wait a minute; phone is ringing, I'll be back.

Yep it was the doctor, just this second got the results of the ECG and they are normal. Yeah!!! What a relief!!!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Gosh, it's all happening for you at the moment with the kids. One thing after another. I hope everything settles down for you now. It must have been a bit of a shock to hear that Bailey had an enlarged heart, I can imagine all the thoughts running through your mind. I'm glad he is clinically well, so he shouldn't have to have anything major done. Amazing this hasn't been pick up before. I love how they handled him and made hime comfortable with the procedures, he is such a good boy :) How's Micayla now? Hope to see you soon. Laura

Anonymous said...

Oh that would be so frightening!
What a relief your little man is ok!! Sending speedy get well wishes xxxx Love Tara xx