Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Bailey is Soooo Sick

Poor little man! He came down with a slight temperature and bad cough on Sunday and by Monday had developed into an infection with a fever over 40 degrees. I rushed him down to the doctor because I couldn't lower his temp. The doctor said he was glad I brought him down and that he looks really sick. He has an infection in his chest, which the doctor is worried could turn into pnuemonia. He also has really red swollen tonsils but it's not tonsilits. He is now on antibiotics but if his temp doesn't go away by Wednesday, it's a trip back to the doctors. I was up to him twice last night and up for an hour both times trying to lower his temp. I stripped his pj's off but everytime I tried to take the doona off, he'd only pull it back up again. I managed to get him to lie under just the sheet, and I put a face cloth over his head. His temp still didn't want to come down very much. I organised for Micayla to be taken to school by someone else again this morning. Bailey is too miserable to take out in this cold weather. I hate not taking Micayla to school and not being the one to do her reader and settle her into class.

No comments: