Thursday, May 17, 2007

Flower Layout

The photos I shared with you on here a few posts back has now been put into a layout, well one of them anyway. Thanks to Yvonne; I was inspired by the flower on a cushion on her couch. I sketched it up and just knew I had to somehow incorporate it into a layout. Didn't know how at the time, just knew I had to.

Anyway, this is what I came up with. It looks pretty simple. All I wanted to focus on was the photo and the flower, but it took me over a week to put it together as the flower was hand appliqued and embroidered (but I did complete 2 other layouts during this time as well). The doodling is all handdrawn, and 'Micayla Jayde' is calligraphied through out the doodling on one side and her age written in words on the other side. The flower took ages and I was glad when it was finally finished.

Well this is the layout, it's called "You are" and the journalling around the flower is hand written and it reads "the most beautiful flower in my garden".



1 comment:

Laura said...

That looks beautiful, definately worth the time and effort it took. Love the journaling in the flower!