Thursday, May 17, 2007

Mothers Day

I woke up Sunday morning (Mother's Day) to Bailey and Micayla standing at the edge of my bed with my presents in hand. Micayla had bought me a present from each of them from the School Mother's Day stall. She bought me the wind chimes and the funky fairy that smells of lavender (well it's supposed to). I do like it though and it's now hanging from my rear view mirror. When you walk past all the cars parked at the school you can see who else got a funky fairy.

Adrian's mother babysat them the day before and she took them down to the shops where they picked out another present each for me. Bailey gave me the purple broach and Micayla gave me the butterfly one. Micayla also made me the beautiful card, bookmark and the box, which is a gift full of her hugs and kisses. This box is not meant to be opened. I just love getting the present she makes herself or chooses from the stall/shop themselves. I didn't get breakfast in bed but Adrian did make me pancakes, which is my favourite breakfast.



We then went to Adrian's parents to see his mother for lunch. I made her this canvas with a photo of the kids on it. I also entered this into the May 123 Challenge website.



This is a close up of the flowers, which has some paisley flourishes on transparencies, that I hand drew myself and layered through the flowers.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Sounds like a great day :)
Love that photo of the kids in the grandparents lo, Susan and Ben would have loved that :)
By the way: Happy Mother's Day!